Prayer for the Week, May 15, 2011
High School Seniors
There will be a barbecue for high school seniors on Saturday, May 28. This is a time for the seniors and some students from colleges they will attend to enjoy the Lord together, to thank Him for His care in high school, and to give their college years to the Lord for His purpose.
6th Grade Conference
Thank you all for your prayers, The Southern California 6th grade conference this year was exceptional and very memorial. We found out that God originally was lonely, single, homeless, and had a enemy. So He needs believers who will be His wife, His family, His dwelling place, and ones to defeat His enemy. 129 new young believers responded to God’s need. Many will be baptized soon. Please pray for all them to have a meaningful baptism and continue to taste and see that the Lord is good.
Spanish Language Radio Listeners
“The harvest is great, but the workers few; therefore, beseech the Lord of the harvest that He would thrust out workers into His harvest.” (Luke 10:2)
The annual conference will be May 21-22, with a prayer time the night of May 20.
Ethiopia (a report sent May 6)
Recently we visited a city in the southern part of the country and spoke to over a thousand university students. The hunger and openness of these students is unprecedented. In this trip we discovered that there are about 4000 high school students who are believers and of whom about 600 have been studying Brother Watchman Nee’s books which have been translated (by brothers in Christianity, not by us) into Amharic [an official language of Ethiopia]. We have made contact with them and they can’t wait until they get Witness Lee’s books.
Besides these, there are over 4000 Christian students on four campuses who are also very open to have some kind of fellowship with us and also desire to obtain ministry books. We have plans to visit both the high school and the campus students very soon.
There are also a good number of open people under our care in Addis Ababa [Ethiopia's capital] and all over the country. The number of hungry seekers who at least would like to receive some kind of ministry book is considerable.
To help care for all of these seekers, LSM will send a 20 ft container of used English language books and ministry messages on CD/cassettes to Ethiopia for free mass distribution.
A report about the Lord’s move in Greece is at http://www.lordsmove.org/pdfs/Report_Greece_May2010.pdf. Some excerpts from that report:
- The economic crisis in Greece has greatly intensified lately. We are praying that the Lord would soften peoples’ hearts at this difficult time and would prepare them for the Lord’s Word.
- We started to receive requests from our readers to be distributors of the Rhema materials. This is a great step in spreading the ministry.
- The final approval of the registration of the church has been obtained on April 1. Praise the Lord! The brothers are now seeking the Lord for finding and purchasing of a meeting place. On the one hand, mortgages are difficult to get and the saints’ financial ability is low; on the other hand, house prices are going down and it seems to be a good opportunity now to get the meeting place. We seek the saints’ prayer.
The conference in Poland, May 1-3, was attended by 200, including 50 children. Of this number, 12 came for the first time. The atmosphere was very good, the speaking of the word of the ministry was rich, and the response of the saints was solid. Please pray:
- That the churches in Poland be strengthened and encouraged to press on to reach the goal of the building up of the Body of Christ.
- That new ones, especially those who have received free literature from Rhema, be added to the churches.
- That a team of translators be raised up for the publication of the New Testament Recovery Version in Polish.
More positive reports from gospel teams were posted last week at japanesechristians.org. Continue to pray for the spread of the gospel and for the care of those who receive it.
Reports from the conference in France and the literature recipients’ seminar in Spain are in one document at http://www.churchinlosangeles.org/prayer.
- Morning revival: Crystallization-Study of Isaiah, week 23. Following Isaiah, weeks 23 and 24, we will use Speaking the Word of God (2011 International Chinese-speaking Conference).
- The International Memorial Day Conference will be in Dallas, Texas from Friday, May 27 through Monday, May 30. Information about schedule, lodging, transportation, etc. is at http://www.churchinlosangeles.org/prayer.